IACCE SUPPORTS THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHAMBER PROFESSIONALS
BY CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND RECOGNITION.
RELEVANCE TO GROW AND INSPIRE
- Annual IACCE conference – Keynotes, break-out sessions, and time with colleagues that educate you on best practices, provide solutions to challenges, and prepare you for emerging trends.
- Seminars/Webinars – Noted industry professionals share skill-based solutions to increase your chamber’s success.
- Conference calls on topics such as membership and events provide opportunities for chamber staff to share challenges and successes.
- “Setting the Stage for Success” – new executives have access to training and advice with IACCE leadership on basics of chamber governance.
- Incomparable connections cultivated during the annual conference build your own network of support.
- Access to a statewide network of chamber professionals in a variety of special-interest areas is available with a simple request.
- Confidential conversations about work place challenges for guidance and solutions.
- Join a committee and participate in leadership opportunities.
- Utilize IACCE's Chamber Executive Employment Contract crafted specifically for chamber executives by an employment law attorney.
- Scholarships are offered for IACCE’s Fall Conference, ACCE's annual convention, Institute for Organization Management’s non-profit management course, the U.S. Chamber's Regional Government Affairs Conference, as well as other professional development opportunities.
- Participate in and access results of compensation and benefits surveys.
- Member access to an online resource library includes policy documents, sample contracts, job descriptions and more. Don’t see something you need? Reach out and we’ll find it for you!
- E-newsletters offer educational content, opportunities for engagement, and survey questions on topical issues.
- Promotional e-materials (e.g., proclamations, e-logos) for Chamber of Commerce Week & Small Business Week Promotional e-materials (e.g. e-logos, proclamations).
- Explore future career opportunities on our website Job Board.
- SEO optimized landing page through IACCE website (customizable as, or linkable to, your chamber website.)
- Strategic planning services, board/staff training, and board self-evaluations are provided by IACCE leadership.
IACCE hosts an annual conference which is held in early November. It is designed to bring professional perspectives and experience from around the nation, the region and the state to support the continual informational and skill development needs of professional chamber executives.
Other Professional Developmental Opportunities
In addition, IACCE annually supports and promotes other regional and national conferences and programs sponsored by partner organizations such as the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Mid-America Chamber Executives, American Chamber of Commerce Executives and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. At the conferences, attendees have exposure to creative, usable ideas on every facet of chamber of commerce management including membership recruitment, working with volunteers, economic development, events and fundraising.
The Membership Newsletter
The newsletter, sent out electronically, provides regular informational updates. These contain current articles on important issues, announce new member services, summarize member surveys and shares information on other chambers' programs throughout the state.
Online Web and Mobile Access Listing
IACCE members can not only post their website links to their membership listing on the online membership directory, but also become part of the IACCE's Chamber Search Engine© and web app for mobile devices. A Traffic Catcher System is also provided to help advertise the communities served through each chamber of commerce. Members may expand this resource to include special visitor offers, scrolling tours of offices & the community, submit press releases and much more. Including contact information for member chambers will enhance the value of this service.
Professional Recognition & Awards
Awards are given annually by IACCE to those who distinguish themselves through their service to the profession of chamber of commerce management. Awards include the Distinguished Chamber Executive of the Year Award and Service Awards for 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 years in the industry.
The Illinois Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives established the Illinois Chamber Executive Accreditation Program in 1997 to recognize the professional competency of chamber of commerce professionals in the state of Illinois. The Accredited Chamber Executive (ACE) designation is based upon the experience, service to IACCE, training, continuing education and personal achievement of IACCE members. The ACE award strengthens the career development objectives of IACCE and provides personal recognition to Chamber professionals in Illinois.
IACCE provides up to $3,000 yearly in scholarships to its members. These scholarships are awarded for chamber executives to attend the Institutes for Organization Management, IACCE Fall Conference, U.S. Chamber Government Affairs Forum, American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) Convention, the Western Association of Chamber Executives (WACE) and the Mid America Chamber Executives (MACE) Conferences.
Through a partnership with the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, IACCE hosts an annual Chamber Day. Current issues are addressed at this co-sponsored event as local chambers and the Illinois Chamber of Commerce set a state-wide legislative agenda. Local chamber professionals, board and committee members are encouraged to attend this summit.