About the Award
The Outstanding Chamber of the Year Award which began in 2014 recognizes organization excellence in chambers of commerce and provides a unique benchmarking opportunity to assess a chamber’s strengths. The award is based on the US Chamber of Commerce accreditation process for local chambers and highlights accomplishments in the areas of leadership/governance, finance, advocacy and membership development.
The Outstanding Chamber of the Year Award is awarded in two categories - Outstanding Chamber of the Year Award (600 or more members) and Outstanding Chamber of the Year (less than 600 members). If applications are received in only one of those categories in a year, then only applicants in that category will be awarded.
Members of IACCE in good standing during the year the award is presented are eligible to apply.
Benefits to Applicants
All eligible applicants receive:
- Letter to their Board of Directors recognizing their application
- Listing on the IACCE website and announcement to IACCE members
- A Plaque
- A prepared press release for promotional use
- Recognition at the annual awards meeting
- 2018 - Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce
- 2017 - McLean County Chamber of Commerce
- Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce - more than 600 members
- Effingham County Chamber of Commerce - less than 600 members
- 2015 - Aurora Regional Chamber of Commerce
- 2014 - Champaign County Chamber of Commerce