September 11-15, 2017
What is your chamber doing for Chamber of Commerce Week?
Let us know what you plan on doing for Chamber of Commerce week. We will post your activities below as we receive them.
Here's what chambers are doing in 2017:
Sauk Valley Area Chamber:
The Sauk Valley Area Chamber has joined the Illinois Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (IACCE) and the Illinois Chamber of Commerce in celebrating this special recognition of the contributions chambers of commerce make to Illinois civic and economic life.
To celebrate Chamber week, the Sauk Valley Area Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Chamber of Commerce Week Celebration event for members on Thursday, September 14th at The Factory Pub-N-Grub in Sterling. Join us for appetizers, beverages, raffle prizes, and the opportunity to network with many other Chamber members.
We are celebrating the entire month with a Membership Drive which includes 2 open houses. The village president is doing a proclamation on September 5th. We have numerous events this month during which we will be promoting the chamber. We also do a full page ad in the Village newsletter about the chamber, what it does for business and the community.
Here's what local chambers did in previous years:
The Jersey County Business Association:
On September 6th, Jersey County Board President signed the Proclamation of Chamber of Commerce Week, September 12-16th. A business after hours will take place on Thursday September 15th in celebrating the signing and recognizing our dedicated members. The Jersey County Business Association's Board of Directors, Elected and City Official will greet our guests.
Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce:
Several members of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce along with our Executive Director attended our City Council meeting last evening where our Mayor read the proclamation and declared the week of September 12 - 17 Chamber of Commerce Week. We will be hosting a Pokemon Go event on Saturday, September 17th on our public square. We hope to bring awareness to Mr. Lincoln’s Square located in our downtown area where many Looking for Lincoln Wayside Exhibits, Murals (like Walldog), and other statues and landmarks are located, many of which are PokeStops in the Pokemon Go game. Several of the Chamber’s committees as well as members have joined with us to help make this event a success.
Oswego Chamber of Commerce:
We are celebrating by having the entire month be Membership Drive month where anyone who joins has the application fee waived. We will also be having an Open House for our new Young Professionals group and hopefully rolling out our new Chamber Mobile App.
Aurora Regional Chamber:
Visit us during Chamber of Commerce Week
Thursday, September 17, 2015
7:30 am – 10 AM
Stop by the Chamber Office…
Refreshments will be served …
Meet the Chamber staff, Board of Directors, Ambassadors ….
Bring your business card to enter the chance to win a door prize (or two)
NOT a Chamber Member?
Join on that day and the processing fee will be waived.
Already a Chamber Member?
Bring in a potential NEW member and also be entered into a door prize drawing
(Potential member must join on Thursday, September 16, 2015)
In celebration of Chamber of Commerce Week in Illinois, the Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry is sponsoring a month of networking, educational and special events, as well as staging our annual new member recruitment campaign.
The Chamber’s new member campaign, which runs through September, features a 16-month membership (good through 2016) at the annual investment level. Chamber membership starts at $300 per year for businesses with one or two employees, plus a $25 registration fee. New members can pay their Chamber dues via a monthly direct debit program.
The Galesburg Area Chamber of Commerce is inviting former members and future members to join during this week. In return, businesses can deduct $50.00 from their annual dues if paid in full. For example, a business joining at the standard dues of $250.00 will only pay $200.00, and a non-profit’s amount will be reduced from $150.00 to only $100.00. At the time of their renewal next year, the dues will return to their regular amount.
Galesburg Press Release
Oak Park - River Forest Chamber:
On Tuesday, September 15, we are co-hosting a "Multi-Chamber Business After Hours." Chambers from Oak Park-River Forest, Berwyn, Forest Park, Austin (Chicago) and Grand Corridor (Elmwood Park / Chicago) have united to throw a fabulous block party-style event with music, refreshments, prizes, featured members and more! We very much appreciate our sponsor and host, Everett Wealth Solutions in Forest Park for helping us celebrate Illinois Chamber of Commerce Week in grand style!
Upcoming events celebrating Chamber of Commerce Week
Sept. 9th – Coffee with the Chamber & IWO Legislative Lunch
Sept. 14th – Sept. 18th – IL Chamber Week
Sept. 15th – “Chamber Hop” – watch for details
Sept. 17th – Business after Business at Byline Bank
Sept. 28th – Ribbon Cutting for Center Fit
October 1st – New Member Dinner
October 25th – Healthy Driven Fraidycat 5k, Ghost Run 10k & Meow Mile
November 12th – IWO Awards Dinner – Featured Speaker – John Coyle
Saline County Chamber:
The Saline County Chamber, along with Chambers from Carbondale, Carterville, DuQuoin, Herrin, Jefferson County, Marion, Murphysboro, Pinckneyville, Union County, and West Frankfort is holding a Southern Illinois Regional Chamber Luncheon on Wednesday, September 23rd at 11:30 AM in Carterville. While it won't be held during the time of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce week, we are holding it during the National Chambers of Commerce Week, and using it as a kick-off for the 2nd year of the Shop Southern Illinois campaign that will take place during the remaining months of the year.
How to Celebrate?
Here are some activities IACCE suggests that your chamber of commerce can hold to bring attention to the Illinois Chamber of Commerce week. Have another idea? Contact us today!
- Have a recruitment Contest to see how many members your members can sign up that week.
- Invite other Chambers in your area or county to a dual breakfast, lunch or dinner to celebrate with your fellow chambers.
- Ask your Mayor for a local proclamation similar to that of the Governor's proclamation.
- Ask your state representatives and senators to a meet and greet with your members.
- Host a regional local chamber executives and staff breakfast or lunch allowing everyone to network.
- Invite a member of the State Chamber or US Chamber to speak to your membership during this week.
- Host a golf outing this week... it's still nice out in September!!
- Host a dinner with the chamber exec. Invite members to meet you at member restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner (eat somewhere different each time!) to talk to you about their chamber experiences. You'll not only promote your member restaurants but also have an intimate meal with a handful of members. (This idea came from a local chamber from 2006.)
- Hold an open House at Chamber offices to show the community what the Chamber does.
- Special section or feature in newspaper
- Radio/TV interviews with chamber leaders
- Honor past and present chamber leaders
- Contest for school kids
- Have your Ambassadors' and Board members visit potential members with a surprise. Invite them to one of your business after hours next month with the personal invitation from a board member. Ask them what they want and what would encourage them to join the chamber. Offer a special rate for people who sign up during Chamber of Commerce week... For example, $50 off their membership if you sign up during this one week if you're a first time member!
- Economic education programs
- Chamber members speak at the schools
- Recognition at " Business After Hours" or other special events
- Ambassadors' visits to all chamber member firms
- Advertisement in newspaper recognizing chamber members
Illinois' Chamber of Commerce Week is always the week following Labor Day.