Wednesday, November 6, 2013
9:00 a.m. Registration opens
9:00 a.m. Sponsor and Exhibit Area opens
9:00 a.m. IACCE Board Member Breakfast Meeting
10:00 a.m. Metro Chamber Meeting
11:30 a.m. Welcome remarks - Rick Swan, Conference chair
12:00 p.m. Doug Whitley, President & CEO, Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Introduces
Ryan Blitstein - Senior Advisor - Yes for Independent Maps
- Yes for Independent Maps is a coalition of good government groups, not-for-profits, Democratic- and Republican- leaning organizations, and prominent civic and business leaders from across our state. This growing coalition believes the redistricting process is broken and that this amendment is the solution.
12:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Keynote Speaker - Kyle Sexton
2:15 p.m. Breakouts
- The ABCs of Personal Branding - presented by Cindy Byrd, Image Potential. Personal branding is an essential approach for creating and maintaining distinction in today’s competitive environment because it defines and demonstrates who you are, what you stand for, and why people should care to do business with you. This interactive and insightful session explores simple strategies to successfully express and manage your personal brand in ways that build credibility, create consistent experiences, and develop positive professional relationships – all designed to help you be a leader who is Authentic, Believable, Compelling and Distinct! Salon C
- Developing your Chamber Brand - Why Effective Marketing is Vital - presented by Chris Glass, Terrostar Interactive Media. Is your organization doing everything it can to market your Chamber brand? Maybe you are just skating by on the bare minimum? Navigating the sea of marketing opportunities can be extremely difficult, and ensuring you receive an return on your investment is even more difficult. Chris has been involved in many chamber organizations and assisted with growth through marketing in organizations small and large. Join Chris for a session that will jumpstart your Chamber and get your team on the right track toward achieving positive growth. Salon D
- Non-Dues Revenue Opportunities - presented by Chris Mead, Senior Vice President, ACCE. Trips to the Amalfi Coast of Italy or to Turkey or China or Cuba? Office products? New events that bring in extra sponsor revenue? Web-based offerings that help your members get recognition for their businesses? Free or low-priced items provided by Fortune 500 companies? Find out what’s working and what’s not in non-dues revenue for chambers. Chris Mead is senior vice president of the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. He is responsible for membership, sponsorship, advertising, and development. Salon E
- How Businesses Can Protect Themselves From Fraud - presented by Diane Rice and Tory Davis, Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES). The Illinois Department of Employment Security will present information on the employers’ right to contest claims and chargeability and what information should be included with written protests. Also provided will be information on IllinoisJobLink.com and the Work Opportunity Tax Credit. Board Room
- The Art of Public Speaking - Presented by Cindy Byrd, Image Potential. Public speaking is a primary avenue to express your personal brand, convey ideas, inspire others to action, and manage relationships. And, there is an art to doing all of this effectively, starting with the essentials of communication strategy. This session will also address verbal techniques, delivery skills, and ways to increase listener engagement. Salon C
- Building A Better Board - presented by Bill Cirone, President/ CEO of Federal Companies and board member, Wildlife Prairie Park Salon D
- 5 Steps to Grow Your Membership Through LinkedIn – Presented by Curt Moss, Senior Product Marketing Manager, WebLink International. You understand the necessity to grow and engage your membership base. But do you know how to use LinkedIn to maximize your efforts? Curt will share how your organization can utilize LinkedIn to help exceed your membership goals. This session will include the newest features you may not know are available, tips for maximizing engagement and membership growth, and how to create an ad campaign that generates results. WebLink is the innovative, insightful and intuitive chamber management software with remarkable customer support. Together we make member success.
. Salon E
- Introduction Into Leading a Chamber - led by Joe Henning, President & CEO, Aurora Regional Chamber of Commerce and Ginny Fanning, President, Jacksonville Area Chamber of Commerce. Board Room
5:30 p.m. Festival of Lights Party! Beginning with a brief tour of East Peoria, we will then spend some time with these amazing local creations!
Thursday, November 7, 2013
8:00 a.m. Past Chairman's Council Breakfast
8:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Kyle Sexton - Morning Plenary
10:30 a.m. Breakouts
- Government Affairs - Why Regional Efforts Work - presented by Josh Collins, Director of Governmental Relations, Greater Springfield Chamber & Patrick Skarr, Government Affairs Consultant, Naperville Area Chamber Salon C
- Grow Your Own: Volunteer Recruitment & Management - presented by Michael Stephan, Executive Director, United Way & Lesley Matuszak, Executive Director, Boys and Girls Club Salon D
- Constant Contact - Everything You Didn't Know About Using It - presented by Steve Robinson, Area Director, Constant Contact Salon E
- Nationwide Movement to Assist Start Up Companies - presented by Jake Hamann, Co-Founder of Start UP Peoria, President & CEO of OneFire, Inc. Startup Peoria exists to develop, encourage and promote the tech startup community in the Central Illinois region. Our vision is to provide entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs with the tools, resources and ecosystem to ideate, collaborate and launch successful businesses that contribute to the long-term growth and prosperity of the local economy. Board Room
11:30 a.m. Lunch Sponsored by Broker Savant
11:45 a.m. Illinois Chamber & US Chamber Government Affairs Update
1:00 p.m. Breakouts
- Government Affairs - How To Identify Issues - presented by Josh Collins, Director of Governmental Relations, Greater Springfield Chamber & Patrick Skarr, Government Affairs Consultant, Naperville Area Chamber Salon C
- Certificates of Origin - An Introduction - presented by Jim Foley, International Trade Consultant, Bradley University Salon D
- Simple Mobile Tools to Lighten Your Load - Presented by Derek Owen with Chamber Master. No more carrying a bulky laptop to meetings and events now that all chamber staff users can download the free ChamberMaster mobile app. This workshop will show you how to use your app to quickly handle everyday tasks such as updating profiles, checking balances and key metrics, handling event check-in and sending referrals. Keep your member engaged using our reimagined Member Information Center and member app (release this Fall). We’ll also show you how to turn your website into a mobile site using ChamberMaster’s responsive layouts. Salon E
- Benefit Corporations - What Are They & What Are They Trying To Do? - presented by Sherry Cannon, Thrive Capital Partner, Inc. - a private equity fund founded in in fall of 2012, and one of the first benefit corporations in the state of Illinois. Benefit corporations have different stakeholders from regular corporations, whose fiduciary responsibility is only to shareholders, while a b-corp or benefit have to report on how they made a positive impact on environment, community, people they employ, as well as shareholders. It is a model of doing good while doing well. Board Room
2:30 p.m. Breakouts
- Government Affairs - You've Identified Your Issues - Now Act On Them! - presented by Josh Collins, Director of Governmental Relations, Greater Springfield Chamber & Patrick Skarr, Government Affairs Consultant, Naperville Area Chamber. Salon C
- Technology Trends & Tools - What Busy Execs Are Using - presented by Brian Carroll MLS and Technology Coordinator at Peoria Area Association of REALTORS. Salon D
- Chamber Nation Tips and Tricks - presented by Richard Scully, Founder & CEO, Chamber Nation Salon E
- Working with the Media - presented by Renee Charles, Executive Director of Public Relations, Bradley University. Board Room
3:45 p.m. Kyle Sexton - Moderated Dues Panel
- Financial Awareness: Mitigating the Risk presented by Joe Henning, President & CEO, Aurora Regional Chamber of Commerce Board Room. Join Joe as he discusses what you need to know as a new Chamber Executive (and even for those of us who are not so new.) Board Room
- Social Media For Chambers - presented by Steve Robinson, Area Director, Constant Contact Salon C
6:00 p.m. Cocktail Hour Sponsored by Constant Contact
Time to Get Your Samba On with the Brazilionaires! They'll be entertaining us during the cocktail and after the Annual Dinner.
7:00 p.m. Awards & Recognition Dinner
Sponsored by Ameren Illinois ActOnEnergy Business Program
Friday November 8, 2013
8:00 a.m. Breakout Breakfast
Join Your Team Table on your Race to Relevance! Pick one and join in the conversation:
- Featured (annual) Events
- Leadership (for chief executives)
9:00 a.m. Mary Byers - Race to Relevance: 5 Radical Changes for Associations
This session provides a bold, no-nonsense look at the realities of today’s marketplace and what it will take for chambers to prosper tomorrow. Both seasoned professionals and tomorrow’s leaders will benefit from thoughtful and practical approaches outlined for leading your chamber into the future. Not only will attendees get the “what” but more importantly, the “why” and “how”.
In this session learn:
• How to lead and manage for the future
• How to look at member markets
• How to align programs and services to meet current and future needs
11:00 a.m. Fall Conference 2014 Preview
11:15 a.m. Closing remarks
Extra event this year!
11:30 a.m. Lunch for Caterpillar attendees (extra fee)
12:00 p.m. Caterpillar plant tour (Click here for more information.)
Our Keynote Speakers
click to download
Guests can call 1-800-547-0711 and reference code 1106CCE.
Discounted overnight room rate is $109 plus tax
Please make reservations prior to 10/14/13 in order to receive the discounted rate.
Reservations can also be made by going to the following link : http://www.paradicecasino.com/groups
Then enter code 1106CCE
Costs & Scholarships
The member price for the conference is $249. The tour is an additional $10. One day registration for members is $149. Click here for all the pricing information.
Please consider applying for a scholarship.